Once again, the Ministry of Education, through the Ontario Teachers’ Federation (OTF), is providing a subsidy of up to $450 to teachers who successfully complete additional qualifications courses in Mathematics or Technology.
The subsidized mathematics courses are:
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Part 1
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Part 2
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Specialist
- Mathematics, Grades 7 and 8
- Mathematics, Intermediate/Senior (ABQ)
- Mathematics, Honours Specialist
- Any undergraduate mathematics course that is prerequisite to the AQ/ABQ courses listed above
The subsidized technology courses are:
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 1
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 2
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Specialist
- Teaching and Learning through e-Learning
Update on Oct 27, 2016: The current funding available for subsidizing Technology AQ courses is nearly depleted. If you apply for a subsidy for a Technology AQ course, there is no guarantee that you will receive the subsidy at this time. However, should additional funding become available, your application will remain on file to be considered at that time on a first come, first served basis.
The subsidy also includes:
- Kindergarten Part 1
- Kindergarten Part 2
- Kindergarten, Specialist
Click here for FAQs and more information on the programs and subsidies.
In order to receive a subsidy, OTF requires the following:
- a completed application form – course must have been successfully completed on or after February 1, 2016; and
- proof of successful course completion.
Ready to apply? Click here to begin your application!