Take the time to review this information to help the SmartFind system work as efficiently and effectively as possible to get jobs accepted.
To limit unnecessary declines:
- ensure that your General available times (under Schedule) is correct
- enter your future unavailability times/dates as soon as you know them
- be willing to travel to every location in your SmartFind profile
- ensure your SmartFind profile only includes the classifications you are willing to teach
If changes are required to your locations and/or classifications, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To limit unnecessary unanswered calls:
- check that your call back number is correct
- ensure that you have not checked the “Call for future assignments” when entering an Unavailable Date (example shown below)
If you aren’t getting enough work, or would like more just change your profile to include more schools within the SmartFind System just email HR Officer Lise Harrington, email@example.com, and request more schools be added to your profiles.
Conversely, if you have schools you no longer wish to be called for (travel time, seasonal weather, poor experience) again inform HR Officer Lise Harrington and the school can be taken off your profile. Having a school outside of your SmartFind profile does not exclude you from making LTO applications to positions there.
It is important to manage your SmartFind job offers diligently- statistics are tracked by the board.
For more info see the July 4th post below.
The Renfrew County District School Board Human Resources Department can keep statistics on calls made by SmartFind to Occasional Teachers. The statistics on Hang-Ups, Unanswered Calls, Declines, and Cancellations are accessible to the employer.
Read more in your Collective Agreement section L22.00 – REMOVAL FROM OCCASIONAL TEACHER ROSTER (found in RESOURCES drop down above, in C.A. on page 52)
Jamieson Dyer, President
After our AGM on April 25th in Cobden, we are pleased to introduce your new executive for the next two years.
– Jamieson has previous experience on the Kawartha Pine Ridge OT Local around Peterborough, and experience working as an OT for two other school boards in Ontario. He has also completed Union School, Parliamentarian Training, Leadership Conferences and represented his local at provincial AGMs, POTs and Rep Councils, and participated in collective bargaining.
Kris Barrie, Vice President
– Kris has been involved with the executive in various positions for several years now, including previously holding the position of president.
Michelle Jaques, Treasurer
– Michelle took over as secretary early in 2018 before being elected to the role of treasurer, and will be continuing in the role of interim secretary.
Jordanna Forrest, Member-at-Large
– Jordanna has been involved as member-at-large for the past few years, attending POTS meetings and assisting with audits. And now acts as our Social Justice and Equity Chair.
Elaine Neigel, Secretary/H&S Rep – Elaine joins us as with previous experience from the Renfrew County teacher local executive. There Elaine was involved with Professional Learning/Development and Health & Safety Committees and currently is chair of our H&S Committee.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact any executive member. Contact info can be found under the About Us tab, or contact info for Jamieson located in the yellow box on the homepage.
This PRS Matters discusses workplace harassment and sexual harassment and the recent changes to the Ontario Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
It is available on the ETFO website and by clicking here.
For more information, please contact staff in Professional Relations Services (PRS) at 416-962-3836 or 1-888-838-3836.