For the 2019-20 school year, the members at the Fall General Meeting on Oct 23rd have approved a fund to support the costs of workshops, ABQ/AQs and Professional Learning resources. Members can apply this year, for a qualifications course $100 reimbursement by submitting proof of enrollment and receipt of payment to our president.
Additionally, members may purchase an educational resource book and receive a $50 reimbursement once per year. In order to receive this funding, your chosen resource must be pre-approved (sorry no teacher-pay-teacher stuff). Just email the president, with your name, title of resource, and email address. After approval, and upon submission of a receipt, a cheque will be issued.
Funds are distributed on a “first come, first served” basis until the budgeted amount is depleted. This year a fund of $5000 was approved at the Fall GM. Keep on learnin’
See the whole report at http://educatorviolence.net/
Violence study points to lack of front-line supports for students as a major cause of escalating violence against educators…
Local Priorities Funding discontinued by Ministry
In the last round of Collective Bargaining negotiations several targeted education investments were discussed. The Ministry agreed to establish a Local Priorities Fund (LPF) of $218.9 million in 2017-18 to address a range of priorities. A portion of this LPF was designated for Occasional Teacher training. This system investment of approximately $19.5 million in 2017-2018 continued into the 2018-2019 school year.
This extension agreement has expired and no interim funding has been offered for Occasional Teacher training. ETFO negotiations are ongoing with the Provincial Government to regain paid training opportunities for OTs.
Once again, the Ministry of Education, through the Ontario Teachers’ Federation (OTF), is providing a subsidy of up to $450 to teachers who successfully complete additional qualifications courses in Mathematics or Technology.
The subsidized mathematics courses are:
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Part 1
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Part 2
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Specialist
- Mathematics, Grades 7 and 8
- Mathematics, Intermediate/Senior (ABQ)
- Mathematics, Honours Specialist
- Any undergraduate mathematics course that is prerequisite to the AQ/ABQ courses listed above
The subsidized technology courses are:
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 1
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 2
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Specialist
- Teaching and Learning through e-Learning
Update on Oct 27, 2016: The current funding available for subsidizing Technology AQ courses is nearly depleted. If you apply for a subsidy for a Technology AQ course, there is no guarantee that you will receive the subsidy at this time. However, should additional funding become available, your application will remain on file to be considered at that time on a first come, first served basis.
The subsidy also includes:
- Kindergarten Part 1
- Kindergarten Part 2
- Kindergarten, Specialist
Click here for FAQs and more information on the programs and subsidies.
In order to receive a subsidy, OTF requires the following:
- a completed application form – course must have been successfully completed on or after February 1, 2016; and
- proof of successful course completion.
Ready to apply? Click here to begin your application!