The Guarding Minds at Work Survey completed in the spring Guarding Minds @ Work ETFO Teachers – Specific Report is now entering it’s second phase a focussed survey at 7 work locations across the board. These groups will try to identify weaknesses and strengths of the environment at each location that will be summarized to locate ways to improve the Organization Culture to support employee health and well-being.
New online Workplace Violent Incident Reporting form
As you are probably aware, you are required to report violent incidents that cause or could cause physical injury, whether the force is actual, attempted or threatened. Despite mitigating circumstances (age, special needs, presence of an IEP) you still must report.
If you are the victim of a violent incident (even if it was an attempt or a threat) you must fill out this report. Classroom evacuations are also considered violent incidents and so should be reported using the new online step by step reporting form instructions accessed to RCDSB.
Take the time to review this information to help the SmartFind system work as efficiently and effectively as possible to get jobs accepted.
To limit unnecessary declines:
- ensure that your General available times (under Schedule) is correct
- enter your future unavailability times/dates as soon as you know them
- be willing to travel to every location in your SmartFind profile
- ensure your SmartFind profile only includes the classifications you are willing to teach
If changes are required to your locations and/or classifications, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To limit unnecessary unanswered calls:
- check that your call back number is correct
- ensure that you have not checked the “Call for future assignments” when entering an Unavailable Date (example shown below)